Get the Look!
1. Topshop Ribbed Crop Top 2. Milly Watercolor Katie Skirt 3. Forever 21 Chandelier Earrings 4. Chanel dream bag via Union & Fifth 5. Plush Fleece Lined Tights 6. Giambattista Valli Boots 7. H&M Wool Blend Coat
February’s New York Fashion Week is just around the corner, and in my eyes, there’s pretty much nothing better. This time around, sadly it looks like I won’t make it to the East Coast for the shows, previews, parties, and general excuse to see some of my favorite New Yorkers, but regardless, I’m feeling inspired and can’t help but look back at last February’s trip. It was my first time to Fashion Week and I didn’t really know what to expect, but I thought that I was at least slightly prepared for the Polar Vortex (is that what it’s called?) that I was heading into. It turns out that I was not. Not at all. It was COLD. In the end, I did learn a few things:
- Fleece-lined tights saved my life. I wished that I had brought more pairs because I wore them under absolutely everything.
- My footwear choices REALLY defined my day. Was I shimmying along all day on slick flat boots or A-OK to actually walk in a pair with decent traction? Admittedly, I don’t really own anything that’s snow-approved, but I did my best.
- Bring a coat that goes with lots of looks, because, well – you’re wearing it nonstop. When you do get inside someplace heated, it’s much nicer to toss off your coat when you have something fun (like the skirt above) underneath.
- And finally, since I pretty much wore the same coat everyday with the exception of a couple of days, standout accessories were key for feeling more put together. A statement bag (like the drool-worthy Chanel above), chunky necklace, or cocktail ring could really help change up a look.
So today I’ve put together a few pieces that would go into my NYFW suitcase complete with statement accessories from Union & Fifth, a brilliant nonprofit that sells donated consignment designer goods and donates 100% of the proceeds to charity. Seriously. You can shop by item or by the particular charity you are most interested in. It’s a good deal, Lucille, and definitely a site worth peeping.
1. Baublebar Courtney Bib 2. Michael Kors Slim Runway Bracelet Watch 3. Sleek Over the Knee Boots 4. Finders Keepers Teen Spirit Top 5. Finders Keepers Tightrope Skirt 6. Cotton Cable Sweater 7. Classic Fedora 8. Topshop Faux Fur Patchwork Jacket 9. Nike Free Flyknit Running Shoe 10. Ray-Ban Mirrored Aviators 11. Chanel bag via Union & Fifth 12. Textured Leather Look Leggings