True Religion boyfriend jeans (c/o); Six Twenty tee (c/o); Zara jacket; Nine West heels; H&M clutch; Forever 21 sunglasses
Boyfriend jeans were made for casual Fridays, and today is just that. After a super busy week, there's nothing better than a broken-in pair of boyfriend jeans, a comfy tee, and an even comfier jacket. I picked up this pink fuzzy bomber a few weeks ago at Zara, and it's definitely become a favorite pre-spring piece. It's one of those throw-on-with-anything jackets that I'll keep forever, and I'm pretty fond of pale pink in general these days. This weekend is supposed to be really warm and nice, and I'm hoping to spend some time outside. (I know, East-Coasters, you hate me.) Here's hoping your weekend brings nice weather and fun plans!
7 For All Mankind jeans; Silk blouse via T.J.Maxx; BCBGeneration heels via T.J.Maxx (similar); Michael Kors clutch; Jane Basch necklace; Julie Vos bracelet; Henri Bendel sunglasses
With the arrival of March, I've got one thing on my mind: spring. And more specifically, spring fashion. While I love the darker clothes of winter, nothing says fresh and new like an ivory and blush color palette. Recently I stopped in to T.J.Maxx for the usual browse and ended up coming home with this entire outfit. Once I found the blush skinnies (that fit like a glove and are beyond comfortable), an airy ivory blouse naturally came next, and the shoes, well, I couldn't say no. A favorite straw clutch and gold jewelry finished off the look. What spring pieces are you excited to add to your winter wardrobe?
Porcelain dress (c/o) VAULT (on sale!); BCBGeneration heels (c/o) Fatal Obsessions; Winky Designs clutch (c/o); Serene Sky Boutique ring (c/o); NYX Matte Lipstick in Shocking Pink
On Sunday night I headed up to LA for a little Oscar viewing party hosted by GLAM, and I'm now a firm believer that the Oscars must be watched with a few girlfriends and a flavored popcorn bar. I knew I wanted to be (somewhat) comfortable, and this little silk dress allowed me to sit easily (imagine that) and still munch on the mini pizzas that were being passed (delicious). A few metallic accents finished the look. Overall it was a great night, and I'm so thankful to GLAM for hosting. Hope everyone is having a great week!
True Religion jeans; Forever 21 blouse; ASTR leather top; H&M jacket; Zara heels; Winky Designs clutch (c/o); Calvin Klein sunglasses; La Mer Collections watch (c/o); Serene Sky midi ring (c/o)
Last night capped off awards season with the biggest fashion show of them all: The Academy Awards. The Oscars are always my favorite red carpet to watch because the stars tend to go for all-out glam, and last night's looks did not disappoint. Kerry Washington and Olivia Wilde (below) showed that dressing a bump can be oh-so-glam; Lupita Nyong'o continued her red carpet domination (and made us all cry with her acceptance speech); Kate Hudson reminded everyone of her serious red carpet power; and Charlize Theron killed it in standard Charlize fashion.
While beautiful pastels and metallics definitely had their place on the carpet last night, some of my favorite ladies stunned in head-turning black. Charlize, always a favorite of mine, was hands-down my best dressed of the night, but all of the women below deserve major credit for standing out in black. From a jewel-encrusted top to an eye-catching bow back to a fun lace peplum, the key to rocking these black looks is all in the details. Inspired by the red carpet, I created my own dark look and broke up the monotony by mixing textures. Finish the look with a sequin clutch and a bold pink lip. Looking back at this season's awards shows, how will you create your own red carpet inspired "One of a Kind Style"?
All images via Getty Images
With a delicious One of a Kind taste and zero calories, Diet Dr Pepper is as unique as you are. Diet Dr Pepper celebrates originality. To check out more one of a kind stories, visit us at http://www.youtube.com/drpeppervideos.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Diet Dr Pepper via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Diet Dr Pepper.
A few weeks ago I got to hang with the ladies of Sanctuary Clothing in their beautiful showroom and check out their spring line. The new collection can be described as three different personalities (Surplus, Freestyle, and Modernist), and I stepped into the role of the Modernist Girl. The pieces were right up my alley: lots of neutrals, soft textures, and great prints. I pretty much wanted to live in every single outfit I put on, and today I'm sharing a little sneak peek. Available now, this little black jacket is so perfect for transitioning into spring. Dress it up with a printed shift (like above), go casual with skinny jeans, or have a little fun withthese printed pants (my personal favorite). Shop more looks from spring below, and stay tuned for more snaps coming soon!
When it comes to beauty products, I've definitely tried out my fair share. What can I say? I'm a beauty junkie, and I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to test out a ton. Products can come and go; lipsticks will be in and out of my favor; but these few goodies are constantly in my makeup bag and, well, on my face. So I figured I'd share, but I want to hear from you! What eye products are on your gotta-have-em, can't run out list?
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette $52 - My everyday go-to for eye shadow and liner is a gold and brown palette, and this one obviously has a lot of them. The pigment is rich, and the powder formulas stay put. By now there are three different versions of this palette, and while they're all good, I'm still partial to the original. Depending on what you're going for, you can layer on a little or a lot, and I like to wet the brush and use it for lining.
2. Olay Fresh Effects Bright on Schedule Eye Awakening Cream $13 - As I get older, dark circles and puffiness under my eyes are definitely some of my main concerns when it comes to my beauty regimen, and travel, late nights, and early mornings definitely don't help. This Olay eye cream is something I never skip. The cream feels amazing, and the metal rolling balls on the applicator stay pretty cold to help with the under-eye puffiness. Love it.
3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Remedy Concealer Pen $39 - I scooped this up on a whim a few months ago and never looked back. It's an amazing under-eye concealer that actually has an eye treatment in it, and the effect is hydrating, smoothing, and brightening. Plus, the metal tip also helps to de-puff. On a day when I'm "wearing no makeup", I'll wear it alone with a little powder and mascara, and although it's a bit pricey, it's a definite keeper.
4. CoverGirl LashBlast Bombshell Mascara $9 - Double-ended and equipped with two types of brushes, I really do think that this mascara lengthens and volumizes. (I know, I sound like a commercial.) It's one of those formulas that you can build and build without clumps, and when it comes to mascara, you pretty much can't ask for more than that.
Good morning, fashion lovers and shopaholics! Today I wanted to share a little sale going on over at French Connection that is just too good to pass up: every single dress on sale (already reduced to $99) is further marked down to $69 with code "S14SHOP". Whether you're looking ahead to wedding season, dressing up for a girls' night out, or trying to breathe a little life into your tired closet, these deals are worth a quick browse. And to make things a little easier, I've selected my favorites above. (Check out the full selection here.) Happy shopping!
Sanctuary Clothing skirt (c/o); Forever 21 blouse; Gap jacket; Olivia + Joy bag (c/o); Zara heels; Henri Bendel bracelet; Ray-Ban sunglasses
After a fun little weekend away, it's so nice to be back in sunny California and enjoying the (almost) spring weather. For a day of playing catch-up with a to-do list that's just a little too long, this stripe-on-stripe duo was an easy one to throw on and go. A bold geometric blazer added a bit of color, and classic heels and a new favorite leather bag finished off the look. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait for tank tops, sandals, and shorts (even though I threw in a pair of shorts in yesterday's post). And while I'm all about spring pieces these days, I'm particularly drawn to the darker side of things today and can't get enough black. It's no secret that I love a good pair of leather shorts (exhibits A, B, and C), and for spring I'd pair these with an oversized floral blazer and killer studded sandals (that just so happen to be under $40). Pile on the extras - jewelry, statement shades, a fedora, and quilted handbag - and step out into the sunshine! Here's hoping spring arrives sooner rather than later!
Get the Look!
1. Topshop New Clean Edge Fedora $50
2. Topshop Strappy V-Neck Cami $36
3. Forever 21 Street Chic Faux Leather Shorts $25
4. River Island Green Striped Floral Blazer $96
5. Tod's Retro Sunglasses $285
6. Forever 21 Studded Strap Sandals $37
7. Gorjana Mae Shimmer Midi Ring Set $35
8. Gorjana Fatima Wrap Necklace $110
9. Jules Smith Cage Ring $79
10. Forever 21 Quilted Crossbody $25
Forever 21 shorts (similar, also LOVE these); Tinley Road blouse via Piperlime (similar); Sam Edelman boots; Rovi Moss bag - on sale! (c/o); Ray-Ban sunglasses; Samantha Wills ring
Switching gears fromyesterday's icy post, today's look is back in California and ready for spring. If there's one closet staple I can't get enough of, it's easy track shorts, and this faux leather version is definitely a new favorite. Whether worn alone with a printed blouse (like above) or layered over tights with a chunky sweater, they're just a fun alternative to jeans. Add a bold crossbody bag (loving this bright pink pop), fringe boots, and a hot pink lip to put a little spring in your step. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Shop It: Faux Leather Shorts