A little summer beauty update, anyone? While the fall is my favorite time in fashion, the warm spring and summer months are definitely my favorite time for makeup and beauty. For me it’s all about lightening the load: dewy skin, lightweight formulas, lots of SPF and minimal eye makeup. With the construction zone still in full swing in our new house, I’ve had lots of time on my hands to test out and play with some new summer beauty goodies, and today I’m rounding up a few favorites.
1. Tula Revitalizing Eye Cream – use code mystylediaries25 for 25% off – I really can’t even tell you how much I love Tula’s skincare line. It’s probiotic-based and feels amazing on my skin. How much do I love it? I relied on it for my wedding day. We stayed out really late the night before our wedding in New Orleans (How could I leave a dance floor packed with all of our family and friends and a live band?), and when I woke up on the morning of our wedding, my skin was definitely a little puffy. I showered, applied this eye cream, the Hydrating Day & Night Cream, and the Advanced Neck Cream, and went back to bed for about an hour. When I woke up, my skin felt refreshed, hydrated, and de-puffed.
2. 100 Percent Pure Fruit Pigmented Water Foundation – This one is a watery formula that you can apply as thin or thick as you want. It dries quickly and leaves skin with a beautiful matte finish. 100 Percent Pure products are all natural, organic, and fruit-dyed so you can feel good about what you’re putting on your skin.
3. IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 Mascara – This one’s easy: big, fat, noticeable lashes. For anyone (like me) who’s constantly on the hunt for the next big thing in mascaras, do yourself a favor and give this one a whirl.
4. IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil – I love a good brow product, and this one is my current favorite. It’s a universal shade that works just as well on me as it did on a couple of my brunette girlfriends. The brush side of the pencil is super soft and comfortable – because what’s up with all of those painful, scratchy versions out there?
5. Supergoop SPF 30 Lip Balm – Because is there anything more annoying than sunburned lips? I mean, maybe a couple of things, but I’d rank dry, burned lips up there with having someone tap dance around while I have a migraine. Super fun.
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done – This stuff is SO good! It’s a slightly thicker formula but feels weightless on my skin. It creates such a smooth, flawless finish that is still noticeable at the end of the day. It’s oil-free with SPF 20, and it’s supposed to improve the look of skin over time. (I can’t really swear to that yet, but we shall see!)
7. Tula Volume Defense Deep Wrinkle Serum – use code mystylediaries25 for 25% off – See #1 above – I really, really love these products.
8. Pur Cosmetics Glow Together Bronzer – A big, fat compact of luminating, highlighting bronzer shades for your face, neck, shoulders, whatever. Perfect for that “fresh off of a beach vacation” look that we all want, right?
9. Urban Decay Beached Bronzer – This one is great for the gal who loves a little bronzer faux tan without the shimmer. It’s a matte finish, so you get a little sun-kissed color with no sheen.
10. Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Primer Pencil – Spring and summer are the best times to play with fun lip colors, but nothing says “summer beauty fail” like a smudged, melted lip. A quick swipe with this baby prevents feathering, hydrates lips, and helps keep lip color in place.
11. bareMinerals Invisible Light Powder Duo – This is like the ultimate setting powder duo. One side is matte and the other is luminizing, infused with rose gold pearls. It’ll leave skin glowing and oil-free, with that little bit of something that’ll have them wondering, “how does she do it?”