Photos thanks to Taylor Cole Photography
Emploi New York dress (c/o); Lulu's heels; H&M jacket; French Connection clutch (c/o); Forever 21 sunglasses (similar); Michael Kors watch; Kendra Scott bracelet (c/o)
Well I, for one, am ready for fall. Like really, really ready. Unfortunately, Mother Nature here in Southern California is not on the same page. (As in, two 88+ degree forecasts this week. Get it together, October.) So for now I'm sticking with lightweight dresses and such that can be paired with jackets at sundown, and this one from Emploi New York's resort collection is a whole lotta fun when paired with black extras and a bold, pink lip. (Also, check out the rest of their resort threads here.) Now thanks to Emploi, I'm giving one of these dresses away to one lucky reader. Simply click away at the options below. Good luck!
Shop these booties:
1. Loeffler Randall Ione Studded Ankle Boot $495
2. Alberto Fermani Umbria Slouchy Booties $475
3. Ash Tatum Studded Strap Moto Boot $395
4. Ash April Stiletto Leather Bootie $375
5. Joie Gwen Open-Toe Suede Bootie $315
6. VC Signature Ronan Calf-Hair Leopard Bootie $265
7. Sam Edelman Sandy Calf-Hair Bootie $250
8. Kate Spade New York Saja Lace-Up Wedge Bootie $328
9. Rebecca Minkoff Sonny Embossed Wedge Bootie $350
10. Ash Julie Snake-Embossed Wedge Bootie $315
Oh, fall. It's definitely the season that gets me in the most shopping trouble, and for good reason. I'm obsessed with fall footwear and can't get enough ankle booties and over-the-knee boots this season. With the latter already taken care of for now (DYING for a little cool weather to break these out), today I'm rounding up a few favorite (splurge) booties to complete your fall looks. From flats for stomping around during the day to stilettos and wedges for a night out, there's a little something for everyone. (My current pick? Helloo, leopard stilettos.) And now for the best part: I'm teaming up with a few fabulous bloggers to give one lucky reader $500 to jump-start her fall wardrobe (without whipping out her wallet) at Neiman Marcus. Enter below for your chance to win. Oh, and because I just couldn't help myself, I've also rounded up a few favorite faux fur picks at the top of my list. Good luck, and happy shopping!
Well guys, the "New Voices of Beauty" campaign that I've been fortunate enough to work on over the past six months is coming to an end, and I'm one sad turtle. It's been such a pleasure working with COVERGIRL, Pantene, Secret, Olay, and the lovely ladies over at Lucky Magazine, plus the experience has been amazing. Beyond the travel, beauty product overload, and picture in Lucky Magazine (pinch me), I've made a couple of really great friends along the way. Naty, Amy, and Katie are all brilliant contributors to this blogging community and are, in general, just really rad girls to know.
It all started back in October at Lucky FABB in New York. On a whim, I signed up for some video competition even though I'm definitely no ace in front of a video camera. Remember this shaky little audition video? Painfully awkward. But the powers that be over at P&G saw honesty, and hopefully you guys did too. You voted and voted, and that little video was watched over 1,300 times. Bananas. I still can't even believe that I was one of the winners. In January we headed to New York to film the fabulous video you see above. Despite warnings from Lucky editors about filming outside in 10-degree weather, I wore heels in the snow with no tights, gloves, or a hat. Listen, when you get your chance to film a video with a few super beauty brands and Lucky Magazine, it's not the day for comfort shoes and a beanie, no ma'am. I survived, and the video is something that I'll always love.
In April, the New Voices of Beauty train moved on to Lucky FABB West where our duties included chatting all things fashion and beauty with other bloggers over brunch at the SLS Hotel. Tough job, but someone had to do it. I've been to Lucky's Fashion and Beauty Blogger conference a few times now, and seeing my name on the program as one of the co-hosts of the brunch was surreal. Getting to meet Eva Chen, Lucky's Editor-In-Chief and all-around-cool-girl, wasn't so bad either.
I'm beyond thankful to everyone at Lucky and the P&G team who made this campaign a really fun success and even more thankful to all of YOU who voted and voted to get me here. As a thank you, I'm sharing the beauty wealth and giving away a bunch of my favorite products from COVERGIRL, Pantene, Secret, and Olay worth over $100. (Who loves ya, baby?) Just click around below to enter. One winner will be announced on Tuesday, July 1st. Thanks so much for following along on this journey of mine, and good luck to everyone who enters!
It's no secret around here that I'm a big fan of Olay, and their new line of Regenerist Luminous products are probably some of my favorite ones yet. The three products in the line (featured above) work together to reveal beautifully glowing, healthy, pearlescent skin in just two weeks. While I've been a fan of the moisturizer for a while, the other two products were new to me, and I quickly became a fan. After testing these out for a couple weeks, my skin is more even-toned and moisturized, just in time for summer. The three products include:
With Mother's Day just around the corner, have you picked out that perfect gift yet? C. Wonder is a definite go-to for me when it comes to any holiday, but I find it's especially perfect for Mother's Day. The store and website are filled with those special, can't-find-them-anywhere-else gifts that moms probably wouldn't buy for themselves. From signature totes and fun jewelry to home goods and that mug that just might become her favorite, there's something for any mom to love. My personal pick? How adorable would the "Mom" plate be on a dresser with jewelry in it? For more gift ideas, head over to the site and shop the Mother's Day gift guide at C. Wonder! (And for added savings, check out the C. Wonder codes at Coupons.com!)
And now for the good news. If you haven't shopped for mom yet, you're in luck because I'm teaming up with a few favorite blog ladies and Coupons.com to give away a $500 gift card to C. Wonder! Whether you're a mom yourself or entering on behalf of one, best of luck, and happy early Mother's Day!
1. Passion Fruit Scented Candle $28
2. Printed Stripe Signature Tote $78
3. Whale Cheese Board $38
4. Porcelain Word Plate $18
5. Classic Flat Espadrille $48
6. Bling Stud Earrings $28
7. Pierced Ginger Jars $68 - $78
8. Pave Cube Monogram Necklace $38
9. Pave Edged Love Cuff $48
10. Printed Stripe Zip Top Pouch $48
11. Porcelain Monogram Mug $10
Like what you see here and want to get your hands on some great gifts for mom? I've teamed up with Oh to Be a Muse and other bloggers to give you the chance to win a $500 C. Wonder e-gift card when you enter this Mother's Day Giveaway courtesy of Coupons.com. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and ends May 9, 2014.
Photos thanks to Taylor Cole Photography
AG Jeans (c/o); Old Navy shirt; H&M jacket; Cocorose London flats (c/o); Olivia + Joy handbag (c/o); Michael Kors watch; Gorjana rings
I don't do the denim on denim thing very often, but occasionally a gloomy day calls for a little Canadian tuxedo action. Break up the mixed blues with a stark white blazer and a contrasting handbag, and finish it all off with a pair of comfy leopard flats. These calfhair flats fold into their own little bag and are perfect for traveling or just those days when you could use a break from heels. I stashed these in my bag during Fashion Week, and they definitely came in handy more than a few times. This week I'm excited to team up with Cocorose London to give one lucky reader a pair of their own. Available in a ton of varieties and colors, there's definitely a shoe for every style. Enter below using the Giveaway Tools app, and cross your fingers (and toes!) - your feet will thank you! Good luck!
**Update: Congratulations to the winner of the Cocorose London Giveaway: Zoe Moneteleone! Thanks so much to everyone who entered, and stay tuned for more great giveaways!
Wearing: Blank NYC leather pants; LOFT tank; Gap jacket (similar); Report Signature flats; Kristin Perry necklace (c/o) VAULT
This year, P&G and Walgreens are teaming up with Tim Gunn and the 2014 People's Choice Awards, and recently I had the chance to meet with Tim Gunn and Marsha Chilko, North American Beauty Training Manager & Ambassador for P&G, to get an exclusive look at some of P&G's new and exciting products and trends. Along with a few other bloggers, I met at a Walgreens in LA and took a little tour of its seriously stocked beauty section. We then got to have a little sit-down with Tim to talk about all things beauty and fashion, and I must say, he's just as kind and interesting to chat with as you might expect. Overall, it was a really great morning, and I'm so happy that P&G and Walgreens gave me the chance to attend. We left with a super sweet "Fab Bag" stuffed with products from P&G and Walgreens, from makeup to razors to toothpaste, including my five favorites above.
5 Fab Favorites:
1. Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter $5 - This body wash smells amazing and gives a great lather, leaving your skin smooth and moisturized.
2. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream $30 - When it comes to hydration, it's hard to beat Olay Regenerist products. I use this one morning and night and have seen a huge difference in my skin since I started using it.
3. Crest 3D Whitestrips 1-Hour Express $55 - Whiter teeth in just one hour - what's not to love?
4. CoverGirl TruMagic The Skin Perfector $10 - Because I want my skin to be hydrated but never shiny, this is perfect for on-the-go touch-ups. It's a clear formula creates instant matte perfection and works alone (for those minimal makeup days) or on top of your normal makeup.
5. CoverGirl Bombshell Volume Mascara $10 - This two-step mascara builds and builds for serious volume and length.
And now for the fun part. Thanks to P&G and Walgreens, I'm giving away one "Fab Bag" (like the ones being given out at the People's Choice Awards) packed with goodies to one lucky reader. Use the entry form below to enter, and one winner will be chosen on January 8th. Also, mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 8th at 9pm ET and watch Tim Gunn live on red carpet one hour before the People's Choice Awards (8pm ET) to see all of the fabulous looks. Good luck, everyone!
With all the shopping and shindigs and general hustle and bustle of the holidays, the winter weather and stress can really take a toll on your skin. Above are a few of my favorite products to fight the winter blues beauty blues and get back your glowing skin, just in time for the new year. Plus, one lucky reader will win three of the products, so don't forget to enter below! Happy Friday!
1. mum + bub soothing ointment $16 - This naturally-derived ointment from trusted baby brand aden + anais is the end-all cure for skin problems from chapped lips to cracked feet (and diaper rash, for the babies in your life). During the winter months, my lips are constantly dry and chapped, so I use this ointment every night before bed to soothe and protect my pout. (Enter to win below!)
2. Kathleen Neilson Ultimate Scrub $32 - Created by a Newport Beach-based aesthetician, this scrub is a gentle and effective way to buff away dead skin and general garbage that has settled on your face. Kathleen and her clientele have some of the best skin that I've ever seen. Seriously, she knows what she's doing. (And her facials are pretty much to-die-for if you're in the Orange County areas.) (Enter to win below!)
3. Manna Kadar Sheer Glow $29 - This one I received as part of my last Wantable box, and I'm hooked. (If you aren't familiar with Wantable, it's a really great subscription or one-time beauty, accessories, or lingerie box. You take a quick quiz, and they send you a box with only the things you're interested in. It's a great way to discover new favorites, like I did.) One little pump of this stuff is all you need for cheeks, the bridge of your nose, eyelids, and brows for an allover glow.
4. Kathleen Neilson Radiance Boost $32 - Use this topical exfoliator on its own or in combination with the Ultimate Scrub. This solution contains fruit acids to help lift skin discolorations, minimize pores, and reveal clearer, more radiant skin. (Enter to win below!)
5. Intelligent Nutrients Anti-Aging Total Body Elixir $52 - (Because your face isn't the only skin that needs a little love.) I was never one to use oils on my face or body, but this one changed my mind. It's pretty thick and doesn't leave me greasy. I use it as an amazing body moisturizer right when I get out of the shower, and the smell is amazing.
Enter to Win These!
Enter to win the products above using the prompts below. Don't forget to leave a comment! Good luck!
InStyle Essentials blouse (c/o); Trouve leggings via Nordstrom; Joe's heels (c/o) Nordstrom; clutch (c/o) T.J. Maxx; Ray-Ban sunglasses; OK1984 necklace; Karen London chain bracelet; C. Wonder leopard cuff (similar); Michael Kors watch; NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick in Dragon Girl
Over the years, I've probably read or been told about four million times that every woman needs that perfect white shirt. For someone who can be a bit hard to fit up top (to say the least), it all sounded like a bunch of gibberish. (The perfect white shirt? Get outta town.) When I came across these InStyle Essentials white shirts, I really didn't think much of them until I saw the sizing. Unlike any others I've seen, these three classic styles are all sized by bra size. (I know, why didn't you think of that?) Whether you're petite, curvy, or somewhere in between, there's a perfect fit for you, no pulling, no tugging, no gapping. Don't believe me? Well then enter below to win your own. Comment below with your choice between a classic button-down, bow blouse, or the weekend tunic, which I'm wearing above. As for the bottoms, I've been dying to break in these faux leather front leggings, and I can promise that these will make many appearances in the coming months. A couple pops of red and gold jewelry finished off the look. Enter below to win - good luck! (Open to US residents only, a winner will be announced on Tuesday, October 1st.)
Be honest: when's the last time you really washed your makeup brushes? Recently I realized that it had been a little longer than I care to admit, which translates to breakouts and generally just plain gross. It was pretty sweet timing when the folks over at SOHO Beauty offered to send over a full set of makeup brushes, and it's even sweeter that the brushes are really nice. The bristles feel really great on my skin, and the comfy grip is a nice little touch. Plus, I like that the kabuki brush comes with its own little stand. Plus (again), they're all brand spankin' new and squeaky clean. My face can breathe a little better. And now, SOHO is giving one lucky reader the gift of new brushes ($100 value). Just click away below and cross your fingers because trust me, it's pretty nice having some fresh beauty gear. A winner will be announced on Wednesday, September 11th. Good luck!
Shop It: SOHO Brushes