Paige Denim jeans via Marshall's (similar); Joe Fresh tank; Halogen heels; C.Wonder sunglasses; French Connection bag (c/o); La Mer Collections watch
Today I'm sharing one final look from New York Fashion Week, and this particular morning was a hot one. (From the looks of my friends' NYC Instagram snaps these days, I'd say I just missed out on some glorious fall weather on the East Coast.) After running around New York for a few days, Kathleen dragged me out of bed early on Saturday morning, and easy jeans and a tank were pretty much all I could muster. These coated, zippered skinnies are surprisingly so comfortable, and I know they will be in heavy rotation throughout the fall. Staple leopard pumps, a sleek leather bag, and mirrored sunnies finished off the look. Hope everyone is having a great week - it's almost Friday!
Today I'm so excited to round up a few more fall must-haves from VAULT and share them with you here and over on their blog where you can check out my picks as well as those of their other fabulous contributors.
If there's one thing to invest in for your fall and winter wardrobes, it's definitely a quality outerwear piece, and while this leather stunner from IRO is definitely a splurge, VAULT offers several great options to keep you warm and stylish this winter. (For a hard-working, goes-with-everything pick, I love this grey leather jacket by Latitude Supply Co. for under $200.) The leader of the outerwear pack, a leather jacket is a true wardrobe staple that comes in especially handy on those days when you change clothes five times and create a closet disaster before leaving the house. I actually haven't had a leather jacket for a few seasons and just picked one up this fall. On the not-so-rare jeans and tee days lately, a leather jacket is a nice alternative to throwing on an oversized sweater. It'll take your look from just rolled out of bed to somewhat pulled together, instantly.
For the look above, I love how the edgy and oh-so-luxe leather jacket pairs with a sweet and simple tunic and over-the-knee boots. I've searched for a couple of months now for a great pair of over-the-knee boots that are simple, well-made, and affordable, and this flat version from World Footwear Group (available in black or brown) is about the most insane steal I've seen. (They're right around $50. Bananas.) They're on their way to me now, and I can't wait to wear them...everywhere. I'm a serious scarf lover, so this cozy little snood was a no-brainer addition. Along with the leather clutch and blue mirrored sunnies, I love that it adds a bit of color to an otherwise drab look. An eclectic mix of silver and black jewelry completes the look. For these pieces and TONS of other great finds, head over to VAULT to browse their handpicked selection of fantastic designers. My picks? Check out a few of my faves here. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Get the Look!
1. Westward Leaning Color Revolution Shades $180
2. Luv AJ Shark Tooth Hand Piece $77
3. Donni Charm Snug $118
4. Essex Los Angeles Louie Clutch $150
5. Luv AJ Large Shark Tooth Ring $53
6. IRO Ashville Leather Jacket $803 (Total splurge, but also love this affordable version)
7. Piper Gore Alyssa Tunic Dress $46
8. Botticelli's Niece Tassel Necklace $65
9. Luv AJ Prism Ring $30
10. World Footwear Group Over-the-Knee Boots $50 (Total steal!)
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by VAULT, but all opinions are my own.
Leather pants, sweatshirt, and heels all (c/o) T.J.Maxx
If you've been following along on Instagram, you may have noticed that I've been running wild like a soda-filled child in T.J.Maxx lately. I can't help it - fall is my favorite fashion season, and T.J.Maxx has everything I need. (Or want. But mostly need.) This week's trend spotlight is leather, and I couldn't be more excited. Leather is everywhere this season, and when you step into your local T.J.Maxx, you'll notice a ton of it there too. From heels and handbags to skirts, pants, and dresses, there are really great leather or faux leather pieces for every style and budget. After hanging out in the dressing room for a while in these to-die-for blue leather skinnies, I wiped my drool and decided on the slightly edgier black pair above.
I'm pretty sure I've never even tried on a pair of leather pants (besides the staple pull-on-and-go leather leggings), but these fit like a favorite pair of jeans. They weren't nearly as scary as I'd imagined, and in fact, I kind of felt like I could kick some serious butt. To tame them a bit, I paired them with another of my favorite finds for fall - a chic and cozy sweatshirt. I love the neckline detail of this top, and the fabric is just so good. I rounded out the fall look with a bold pair of blue suede shoes, and I must say, I'm so glad that this season is all about simple, platform-free heels. (My feet are also breathing a sigh of relief.)
On my way to the register, I veered off course and also snatched up this quilted, blush leather jacket. I tried it on just for fun, but then I couldn't take it off. It fits like a glove, and really, who could blame me? I couldn't just leave this perfectly delicious leather jacket there, all by itself. So I head for the register, but here's where my T.J. really gets me. A big chunk of their packed-to-the-gills beauty department just happens to be right next to the check-out...gets me every time. This trip I picked up a 3-pack box of facial cleansing wipes because they're my favorite and sometimes I'm just too tired (slash lazy) to fully wash off my makeup. (Don't judge me.) And an extra bottle of dry shampoo just for good measure. (I'm addicted.)
On I ramble, but the point is this: there's no better time than now to try out fall's leather trend, and there's no better place to score the pieces you want than T.J.Maxx. You'll find the quality and style you're looking for at a price you'll love. Happy shopping, everyone!
Expressing yourself through fashion, and knowing how to put together a great look—at great value, is what being a Maxxinista is all about. At T.J.Maxx you can score the unexpected to make your own personal style statement. Here’s to rockin’ your real deal.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by T.J.Maxx via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of T.J.Maxx.
With all the crop tops popping up in the blog and fashion world lately, you may be thinking (much like I did), "What the hell?" Don't fret my pet, they're easier to pull off than you might imagine. If you're dying to dip your toes into the cropped top madness without looking like a Vegas weekend gone wrong, just stick with high-waisted bottoms to reveal a small sliver of skin. (Hint: Cover your belly button.) This pencil skirt is a bit on the pricey side, but the leather and longer cut are so perfect for fall. Choose a statement heel and even more statement jewels, and round the whole thing out with an unexpected white crossbody. Feeling adventurous yet?
P.S. - If you haven't voted yet, I'd appreciate your vote in the Nordstrom YOUphoria Fashion Face-Off!
Get the Look!
1. Baublebar Onyx Dagger Collar $46
2. Gorjana Armitage Ring $35
3. Michael Kors Blake Bracelet Watch $225
4. Gorjana High Line Triple Ring $60
5. Topshop Bandage Mesh Crop $40
6. Topshop Leather Calf Pencil Skirt $250
7. Gorjana High Line Solitary Ring $40
8. IllBeCa by Joy Gryson Vestry Mini Crossbody Bag $58
9. Ily Couture Gold Double Bracelet $34
10. Anne Michelle Ankle Strap Heels $39
Shop It: Leather Skirts
Transitioning your wardrobe to fall can be a little tricky when it still feels like the middle of summer, so I like to stick with shorts and short-sleeved tops in fall fabrics. This leather on leather combo in a neutral color palette is easy to pull off and will work its way seamlessly into your wardrobe. (Later, pair the top with skinny jeans, boots, and a jacket, and top off the shorts with cozy sweaters.) Add a pop of color with bold heels and a fun Lucite clutch, and finish the look with stacks of statement jewels. Hope everyone had an amazing Labor Day Weekend!
Get the Look!
1. Topshop Off White Leather T-Shirt $190
2. Topshop Black Lazercut Shorts $80
3. Vanessa Mooney Born to Live Necklace $140
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Truman Square Bracelet Watch $250
5. Topshop Gogo Block Heel $100
6. Baublebar Texture Ring Trio $24
7. Ray-Ban Wayfarers $185
8. Baublebar Gold Oxford Link Bangle $32
9. Chroma Cube Box Clutch $50
10. Baublebar Crystal Cage Cuff $34
Shop It: Leather Shorts
Things have admittedly been a little hectic over here. So hectic, in fact, that I completely forgot to discuss last week's huge news. (And if you haven't already heard, well... Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement?) H&M has joined us in 2013 and launched their online store in the US. (And small town America breathes a collective "finally" followed by a slightly more enthusiastic "yahoo!") It's not that I don't live about ten minutes away from not one but two H&M stores, but a girl's gotta have options. During the summer months I pretty much live in their floaty sleeveless blouses, and the denim is surprisingly better than its price tag may lead you to believe. Add a little polish to this otherwise tomboy-ish look with sleek heels and statement jewels. What's in your H&M online shopping cart?
Get the Look!
1. H&M Skinny Low Jeans $30
2. H&M Sleeveless Blouse $25
3. Michael Kors Men's Brookton Watch $250
4. Steven Whisp Strappy Pump $119
5. House of Harlow 1960 Plectra Pendant Necklace $60
6. Gorjana G Ring Set $65
7. Forever 21 Basket Woven Crossbody $25
8. Jules Smith Americana Cuff Bracelet $59
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've got my eye on everything ASTR these days, and I'm especially focused in on this showstopping mini. The cut and faux leather fabric make it completely night out appropriate, but it's equally appealing with a slouchy sweater and heeled ankle boots for daytime in the fall. For now, there's something so sexy and minimal about pairing it with a luxe white cashmere tank and adding navy leather extras. Silver accessories bring the whole look together for an all-out without trying too hard feel. Feel me?
Get the Look!
1. Topshop Premium Cashmere Vest $40
2. ASTR Asymmetrical Faux Leather Skirt $62
3. Baublebar Silver Cap Lariat $36
4. Baublebar Silver Chain Ring $26
5. Schutz Alameda Bootie $200
6. Bright Future Shades $18
7. Coach Tristen Chronograph Bracelet Watch $295
8. Graf & Lantz Jody Clutch $139
9. Baublebar Silver Khaleesi Bracelet $28
Regardless of the season, there's always a spot (pun intended?) in my closet for leopard. I love the fun print and cutout back of this little mini dress mixed with the ladylike cut. Paired with an intensely ankle-strapped heel and a bold clutch, it's springtime perfection. Finish the look with classic gold accessories and an adorable pair of retro shades. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!
P.S. - Use code "armparty15"for 15% off all bracelets today at Gorjana!
Get the Look!
1. Topshop Animal Print Ladder Back Dress $72
2. Gorjana Mia Tiered Necklace $110
3. Margaret Elizabeth Labradorite Cushion Cut Ring $77
4. Jeffrey Campbell Heel $175
5. Spitfire Retro Sunglasses $38
6. Gorjana Mia Wrap Cuff $115 - 15% off with code armparty15
7. Color Coded Crossbody Bag $50
8. Anne Klein Round Expandable Bracelet Watch $65
If you're a little late to the wedge sneaker party, then there's no better time than spring to jump on this comfy bandwagon. Tone down the ultra-sporty vibe of this mesh lace-up version with a loose yellow cocoon dress and a fitted, cropped jacket. Finish the look with oversized shades, a weekend-friendly messenger, and statement silver jewelry. Anyone ready for the weekend already?
Get the Look!
1. Mango Cocoon Dress $60
2. Topshop Mini Quilt Cropped Biker Jacket $110
3. Karl Lagerfeld Beveled Bezel Bracelet Watch $225
4. Ray-Ban Round Glamour Polarized Sunglasses $169
5. DKNY Grommet Wedge Sneakers $165
6. Rebecca Minkoff Flipped Crystal Bib Necklace $168
7. ASOS Snake Flat Pocket Crossbody Bag $42
8. Cheap Monday Foretell Bracelet $30
A silk tie-waist shirt dress (preferably in basic black) is a seasonless and timeless piece that works just as well with heeled sandals in the summer as it does with tights, boots and a coat in the winter. For those in-between times, pair the easy classic with statement spiked heels and an icy palette of silver and blush for your goes-anywhere, nine-to-five-and-beyond, go-to look. Hope everyone is having a great week!
P.S. - Take a minute to enter the Subtle Luxury Scarf Giveaway!
Get the Look!
1. T. Babaton Bennett Dress $165
2. By Malene Birger Lutan Necklace $95
3. Michael Kors Brookton Chronograph Bracelet Watch $275
4. BCBGeneration Bennett Heel $98
5. Baublebar Hematite Link Bracelet $26
6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Griffin Retro Sunglasses $105
7. Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag $195
8. Rebecca Minkoff Flipped Crystal Ring $108