Redbook Red Beauty Box (c/o)
If there’s one thing about nights at home that makes me really, freakishly happy, it’s a hot bath. (And to be honest, it’s not just at home. A hotel room with a good bathtub? Don’t mind if I do.) It’s my favorite way to decompress at the end of the day. Add in a good magazine and a glass of wine, and I’m the happiest camper. I’m Southern, so I’m pretty sure it’s in the genes, right?
And while a good soak is good for the soul, I’m all about the pre- and post-bath routine – the face mask, the deep conditioner, the whitening strips, the moisturizer – basically all of the beauty goodies. So recently when I received Redbook’s Red Beauty Box, I was super excited to grab my robe (this one from Cariloha at Pacific City is the SOFTEST) and try out ALL of the things. Here’s what’s inside:
- Mary Kay Clear Proof Deep Cleansing Charcoal Mask – Because bathtime is the best time for whipping your skin into shape. This one has activated charcoal for clearing the gunk out of pores, and once I washed it off, there was a cooling effect that left my skin feeling so clean and soft.
- MegRhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask – I’m so bummed that I never knew about these sooner. As soon as you open the individual packaging, the eye mask starts to heat up on its own and feels amazing over tired eyes. I love the relaxing lavender scent and think these would be amazing to toss in your bag for travel.
- Curel Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – At first I was pretty skeptical of the whole “wet skin moisturizer” thing, but I have to admit, this stuff is pretty great. After a bath or shower, you apply it immediately to wet skin while your pores are still open. I do this and then move on to all the facial lotions and potions in my routine.
- Finishing Touch Flawless Hair Removal – Admittedly, I’ve never really been into facial hair removal. It’s just not something that’s ever been on my radar, but I was curious and decided to give this one a try. And guess what – it actually really works. My skin was so smooth afterwards, and it definitely made a difference in how well makeup blends.
- Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Lite Soft Volumizing and Texturizing Powder – Volume and texture? Sign me up. Anyone who knows my beauty-loving brain knows that I’m always looking for ways to fluff this baby mane, and this stuff has some serious power. It’s perfect for right after you style or for trying to revive your second-day style after the bathtime bun.
Photos thanks to Felicia Lasala
Brought to you by Redbook Red Beauty Box, but all opinions are my own.