Photos thanks to Taylor Cole Photography
AG Jeans (c/o); Old Navy shirt; H&M jacket; Cocorose London flats (c/o); Olivia + Joy handbag (c/o); Michael Kors watch; Gorjana rings
I don't do the denim on denim thing very often, but occasionally a gloomy day calls for a little Canadian tuxedo action. Break up the mixed blues with a stark white blazer and a contrasting handbag, and finish it all off with a pair of comfy leopard flats. These calfhair flats fold into their own little bag and are perfect for traveling or just those days when you could use a break from heels. I stashed these in my bag during Fashion Week, and they definitely came in handy more than a few times. This week I'm excited to team up with Cocorose London to give one lucky reader a pair of their own. Available in a ton of varieties and colors, there's definitely a shoe for every style. Enter below using the Giveaway Tools app, and cross your fingers (and toes!) - your feet will thank you! Good luck!
**Update: Congratulations to the winner of the Cocorose London Giveaway: Zoe Moneteleone! Thanks so much to everyone who entered, and stay tuned for more great giveaways!
Wearing: Blank NYC leather pants; LOFT tank; Gap jacket (similar); Report Signature flats; Kristin Perry necklace (c/o) VAULT
This year, P&G and Walgreens are teaming up with Tim Gunn and the 2014 People's Choice Awards, and recently I had the chance to meet with Tim Gunn and Marsha Chilko, North American Beauty Training Manager & Ambassador for P&G, to get an exclusive look at some of P&G's new and exciting products and trends. Along with a few other bloggers, I met at a Walgreens in LA and took a little tour of its seriously stocked beauty section. We then got to have a little sit-down with Tim to talk about all things beauty and fashion, and I must say, he's just as kind and interesting to chat with as you might expect. Overall, it was a really great morning, and I'm so happy that P&G and Walgreens gave me the chance to attend. We left with a super sweet "Fab Bag" stuffed with products from P&G and Walgreens, from makeup to razors to toothpaste, including my five favorites above.
5 Fab Favorites:
1. Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter $5 - This body wash smells amazing and gives a great lather, leaving your skin smooth and moisturized.
2. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream $30 - When it comes to hydration, it's hard to beat Olay Regenerist products. I use this one morning and night and have seen a huge difference in my skin since I started using it.
3. Crest 3D Whitestrips 1-Hour Express $55 - Whiter teeth in just one hour - what's not to love?
4. CoverGirl TruMagic The Skin Perfector $10 - Because I want my skin to be hydrated but never shiny, this is perfect for on-the-go touch-ups. It's a clear formula creates instant matte perfection and works alone (for those minimal makeup days) or on top of your normal makeup.
5. CoverGirl Bombshell Volume Mascara $10 - This two-step mascara builds and builds for serious volume and length.
And now for the fun part. Thanks to P&G and Walgreens, I'm giving away one "Fab Bag" (like the ones being given out at the People's Choice Awards) packed with goodies to one lucky reader. Use the entry form below to enter, and one winner will be chosen on January 8th. Also, mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 8th at 9pm ET and watch Tim Gunn live on red carpet one hour before the People's Choice Awards (8pm ET) to see all of the fabulous looks. Good luck, everyone!
With all the shopping and shindigs and general hustle and bustle of the holidays, the winter weather and stress can really take a toll on your skin. Above are a few of my favorite products to fight the winter blues beauty blues and get back your glowing skin, just in time for the new year. Plus, one lucky reader will win three of the products, so don't forget to enter below! Happy Friday!
1. mum + bub soothing ointment $16 - This naturally-derived ointment from trusted baby brand aden + anais is the end-all cure for skin problems from chapped lips to cracked feet (and diaper rash, for the babies in your life). During the winter months, my lips are constantly dry and chapped, so I use this ointment every night before bed to soothe and protect my pout. (Enter to win below!)
2. Kathleen Neilson Ultimate Scrub $32 - Created by a Newport Beach-based aesthetician, this scrub is a gentle and effective way to buff away dead skin and general garbage that has settled on your face. Kathleen and her clientele have some of the best skin that I've ever seen. Seriously, she knows what she's doing. (And her facials are pretty much to-die-for if you're in the Orange County areas.) (Enter to win below!)
3. Manna Kadar Sheer Glow $29 - This one I received as part of my last Wantable box, and I'm hooked. (If you aren't familiar with Wantable, it's a really great subscription or one-time beauty, accessories, or lingerie box. You take a quick quiz, and they send you a box with only the things you're interested in. It's a great way to discover new favorites, like I did.) One little pump of this stuff is all you need for cheeks, the bridge of your nose, eyelids, and brows for an allover glow.
4. Kathleen Neilson Radiance Boost $32 - Use this topical exfoliator on its own or in combination with the Ultimate Scrub. This solution contains fruit acids to help lift skin discolorations, minimize pores, and reveal clearer, more radiant skin. (Enter to win below!)
5. Intelligent Nutrients Anti-Aging Total Body Elixir $52 - (Because your face isn't the only skin that needs a little love.) I was never one to use oils on my face or body, but this one changed my mind. It's pretty thick and doesn't leave me greasy. I use it as an amazing body moisturizer right when I get out of the shower, and the smell is amazing.
Enter to Win These!
Enter to win the products above using the prompts below. Don't forget to leave a comment! Good luck!
InStyle Essentials blouse (c/o); Trouve leggings via Nordstrom; Joe's heels (c/o) Nordstrom; clutch (c/o) T.J. Maxx; Ray-Ban sunglasses; OK1984 necklace; Karen London chain bracelet; C. Wonder leopard cuff (similar); Michael Kors watch; NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick in Dragon Girl
Over the years, I've probably read or been told about four million times that every woman needs that perfect white shirt. For someone who can be a bit hard to fit up top (to say the least), it all sounded like a bunch of gibberish. (The perfect white shirt? Get outta town.) When I came across these InStyle Essentials white shirts, I really didn't think much of them until I saw the sizing. Unlike any others I've seen, these three classic styles are all sized by bra size. (I know, why didn't you think of that?) Whether you're petite, curvy, or somewhere in between, there's a perfect fit for you, no pulling, no tugging, no gapping. Don't believe me? Well then enter below to win your own. Comment below with your choice between a classic button-down, bow blouse, or the weekend tunic, which I'm wearing above. As for the bottoms, I've been dying to break in these faux leather front leggings, and I can promise that these will make many appearances in the coming months. A couple pops of red and gold jewelry finished off the look. Enter below to win - good luck! (Open to US residents only, a winner will be announced on Tuesday, October 1st.)
Be honest: when's the last time you really washed your makeup brushes? Recently I realized that it had been a little longer than I care to admit, which translates to breakouts and generally just plain gross. It was pretty sweet timing when the folks over at SOHO Beauty offered to send over a full set of makeup brushes, and it's even sweeter that the brushes are really nice. The bristles feel really great on my skin, and the comfy grip is a nice little touch. Plus, I like that the kabuki brush comes with its own little stand. Plus (again), they're all brand spankin' new and squeaky clean. My face can breathe a little better. And now, SOHO is giving one lucky reader the gift of new brushes ($100 value). Just click away below and cross your fingers because trust me, it's pretty nice having some fresh beauty gear. A winner will be announced on Wednesday, September 11th. Good luck!
Shop It: SOHO Brushes
Sometimes there's nothing like coming home after a long day and slipping into comfy sweats and flip flops and diving face-first in the direction of the couch. Although I think I'm breaking some sort of blogger oath by admitting it, for me, that's instant joy, and the sandal of choice for years has been Havaianas. They're available in tons of colors, and the squishy, molds-to-your-feet rubber is so comfortable and perfect for the beach. In the spirit of mini victories, Havaianas is giving away a pair of their Classic Sandals to one lucky My Style Diaries reader. Enter below, (US residents only) and get ready to have a little instant joy of your own. Good luck!
P.S. - If you're feeling lucky, check out the Havaianas #InstantJoy giveaway on Facebook, and upload your own instant joy moment via Instagram. (Ends at midnight tonight.)
Boyfriend Shirt: (c/o) Subtle Luxury; Scarf: (c/o) Subtle Luxury; Bag: (c/o) TLC&you; Bracelets: (c/o) Bijouterie; Watch: Michael Kors; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Summer is just so painfully close here in Southern California, and that means it's time to think about swimsuit season. While the suit itself is a pretty key ingredient to a summer by the beach, equally important is a cute coverup that goes from the sand to wherever the afternoon might take you. I'm loving this slightly sheer embroidered boyfriend tunic alone during the day or paired with denim cutoffs and one of their amazingly soft scarves once the sun goes down. If you haven't tried Subtle Luxury's beach-worthy California creations, now is your chance: one lucky reader will win a boyfriend tunic and spun scarf (like in the look above, worth $133) courtesy of Subtle Luxury. Simply follow the rules below. One winner will be announced on Friday, May 17th. Good luck!
Scarf: (c/o) Subtle Luxury; Tee: (c/o) Aritzia; Pants: (c/o) David Kahn; Heels: DV by Dolce Vita; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban; Watch: Michael Kors; Bracelets: (c/o) Gorjana, C Wonder
Ahh, well the Super Bowl is over, and my main girl Beyonce did not disappoint. Someone's gotta win, and someone's gotta lose. If you aren't the lucky winner of last week's giveaway, (Congratulations, Ruby Royales!) I've got another one for you. It's no secret that I love a great scarf, and this one is definitely good. This ultra-soft version from Subtle Luxury is the ideal size and perfectly kicks a plain old jeans-and-tee outfit up a notch. (Although I must say, these velvet jeans by David Kahn are not your run-of-the-mill skinnies.) Enter to win using the options below. One winner will be chosen on February 11, 2013. (US residents only.) Good luck, and happy Monday. ya'll!
**Update: Congratulations to the winner of the Subtle Luxury Scarf Giveaway - Christy Ann! Thanks so much to everyone who entered, and stay tuned for more great giveaways!
Scarf: Love Quotes (c/o) Lash Clothing
I'm a pretty firm believer that a great accessory can really transform an outfit, and for me, a standout scarf is always a favorite, regardless of the season. (While we're on the subject, Love Quotes is about as good as it gets when it comes to a season-less, cozy game changer.) Inspired by the scarf in today's post, I'm so excited to team up with Lash Clothing to give one lucky reader $100 to spend on the spring wardrobe necessities of her choice. Whether you've got your eyes set on a staple black maxi, wear-everywhere booties, or a sleek new accessory, the choice is yours. Enter below with a few simple clicks. This giveaway is open to US residents only and ends on February 4th, 2013. Don't forget to share with friends by clicking the Tweet and/or Like buttons below. Good luck!
**Update: Congratulations to the winner of the Lash Clothing $100 Giveaway - Ruby Royales! Thanks so much to everyone who entered, and please stay tuned for more great giveaways xo
Because one holiday giveaway could never be enough, I'm teaming up with the fine folks over at Cult of Individuality to give two lucky winners the two cozy, comfy pairs of their choice! Feeling the love yet? Simply follow the steps below to enter. Two winners (US residents only) will be randomly chosen and announced on Friday, December 21st. Good luck!
1. Follow Cult of Individuality on Pinterest here
2. Follow My Style Diaries on Pinterest here
3. Repin 2 product images from the My Style Diaries "Cult Classics" board onto your own "Holiday Wishlist" board
4. Share this post by clicking the "Tweet" and/or "Like" buttons below
5. Comment on this post with your name and email