Dress: (c/o) C&C California; Jacket: Express (old); Booties and Bag: H&M; Scarf: American Apparel; Bracelet: Vita Fede; Watch: (c/o) Caravelle by Bulova; Ring: Vanessa Mooney (c/o) Stefani Bags
What a difference a week makes. After last week's frigid, fur-wearing weather, it's crazy how nice and Southern California-esque this one has turned out to be. This C&C California faux suede dress has quickly become a favorite LBD of mine, and it was the perfect winterish (without being too hot) option for a work event this week. The scarf and jacket are a couple of those random items that I picked up and never realized that I'd still be wearing them years later. The next few days are supposed to be gloomy and rainy, and I couldn't be more excited for some quality TV time on the couch. Is it Friday yet?
This winter I'm all about rounding up the outerwear essentials that my closet has been lacking, and a military-inspired coat or cape was definitely at the top of the list. Basic black skinnies and a neutral sweater are instantly polished when partnered with sleek leather boots and this fatigue-colored coat. A utilitarian-esque messenger, wool hat and minimal jewelry choices finish the simple chic look. What essential pieces are lacking from your winter wardrobe?
Get the Look!
1. Genie by Eugenia Kim Jordan Wool Hat $78
2. Dorothy Perkins Premium Black High Waist Skinny Jeans $69
3. H&M Sweater $25
4. C Wonder Horse Head Enamel Bangle $48
5. Dolce Vita Makala Distressed Boots $224
6. Mango Double Breasted Wool Coat $55
7. Baublebar Gold Stitch Ring $44
8. Marc by Marc Jacobs Preppy Nylon Sia Bag $138
It seems that once again this year, despite my best efforts, I've managed to save a chunk of my holiday shopping for the last minute. But hey, what's done is done, and I'm a people person, so what could be better than four million shoppers and one compact parking spot? If you share my fate, then the least you can do is arm yourself with a little cozy comfort. Second skin jeans. Loose tee. Ultra soft cardigan. Even softer faux fur scarf. No heels, no ma'am. And for Pete's sake, keep your handbag handsfree and towards the smaller end of the spectrum. You'll thank me later. Happy shopping, y'all!
Get the Look!
1. Dorothy Perkins Bailey Midwash Ultra Stretch Super Skinny Jeans $44
2. T by Alexander Wang Classic Tee with Pocket $98
3. Rebecca Taylor Martine Studded Shoulder Bag $135
4. House of Harlow Talon Crystal Stacking Ring $60
5. Luxury Rebel Baxter Ankle Strap Flats $100
6. Talula Lenox Sweater $75
7. Topshop Faux Fur Tuck Stole $40
If the holiday sweets and obligatory eggnog have already left you feeling a bit stuffed into your skinny jeans, then this sweatshirt-turned-minidress is just what the doctor ordered. Jazz up the comfy, cozy little number with platform shoe-boots and over-the-knee socks, and compliment the laidback vibe with a floral scarf and quilted messenger bag. Finish the look with standout silver jewelry and mod-meets-retro shades for a cool, girl-about-town appeal. Hope everyone is having a great week!
P.S. - Don't forget to enter The One Holiday Wishlist Giveaway from Cult of Individuality!
Get the Look!
1. Topshop Plain Grey Sweat Dress $58
2. Forever 21 Enchanted Rose Scarf $9
3. Vince Camuto Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch $150
4. Over the Knee Socks $14
5. Topshop Stunner Leather Buckle Heels $170
6. Quay Vanish Shades $40
7. Vanessa Mooney Metal Cage Cuff $176
8. Topshop Geo Quilted Crossbody Pouch $56
9. Vanessa Mooney Capulet Ring $90
Top: Forever 21 (Similar); Jeans: Henry & Belle; Necklace: (c/o) Stella and Bow; Rings: (c/o) Gorjana, (c/o) by boe
For a quick Sunday night dinner out, a simple blouse and skinny jean combo is the easiest way for me to be dressed and on my way in record time. A bold handbag and bright jewels added a bit of much needed color to the neutral look. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
P.S. - Congrats to the winner of the Leona Collection Dress Giveaway - Rachel Beltz! Thanks so much to everyone who entered.
Lately I'm pretty convinced that my closet is in desperate need of a full, leather-ish skater skirt for a quick sweater pairing when skinny jeans and jeggings lack their usual winter appeal. Worn with sensibly tall boots, an easy messenger and slightly edgy jewelry, this look works just as well for day as it does for a fun night out. What items are you currently craving for your winter wardrobe?
Get the Look!
1. Wilfred Cocotte Sweater $110
2. Topshop Black Full Skater Skirt $76
3. Chan Luu Crystal Bib Necklace $168
4. Belle Noel Glam Rock Ring $65
5. Sam Edelman Tucker Boots $210
6. Prada Cat's Eye Sunglasses $245
7. Perforated Crossbody Bag $48
8. Vince Camuto Double Wrap Leather Watch $150
Jeans: (c/o) True Religion; Tank, Sweater and Bag: H&M; Booties: Nine West (Sold out, but love this pair); Sunglasses: Ray-Ban; Necklace: (c/o) Gorjana; Bracelet: (c/o) Karen London; Watch: Michael Kors; Rings: Vintage, (c/o) Gorjana, (c/o) by boe
Considering my current obsession with all things oxblood and my seemingly never-ending search for the perfect coated denim, I was pretty excited to receive these leather-like skinny jeans from True Religion. Paired with a loose and cozy sweater du jour and the leopard booties that have been begging to leave the closet since my birthday, the standout skinnies lost a bit of their intimidation factor. A low-key bag, the aviators that rarely leave my face and a few favorite jewels completed the look during a gloomy day in Louisiana this week. I can't wait to break these in more and wear them a hundred different ways. Hope everyone is having a great week!
P.S. - Don't forget to enter the Leona Collection Dress Giveaway!
Nothing beats the cold and plays up a fun sporty vibe quite like a bomber jacket, and I love this affordable sweater version from Aritzia, a favorite Canadian retailer (and definite must-stop shop in New York) that has finally joined the online realm. Partnered with sleek skinnies and a loose tee (something Aritzia stocks so very well), this closet staple easily gives off that chic-without-even-trying feel. Finish with studded booties, a carefree messenger, retro sunglasses and polished jewelry for a stylish and comfortable laidback look.
P.S. - Don't miss out on the Leona Collection Dress Giveaway!
Get the Look!
1. Rag & Bone The Grand Prix Leather-Paneled Jeggings $255
2. Wilfred Free Cirque T-Shirt $40
3. See by Chloe Peony Crossbody Bag $125 (On sale for $88!)
4. Steve Madden Praque Studded Cap-Toe Booties $129
5. Quay Oversized Sunglasses $38
6. TNA Benioff Sweater $65
7. Michael Kors Pave Stack Ring $125
8. Gorjana Taner Charm Bracelet $45
Ahh, finally the weekend is here. Kick back and relax in a a pair of worn-in, easy-on-the-eyes muted skinnies paired with camel-toned separates. A luxe sweater and faux fur scarf will keep you nice and toasty, and flat booties are comfortable enough for all day wear. Accessorize with antique gold jewelry, a fringed messenger and classic tortoise sunglasses (that help out a great cause) for a low-key look that goes wherever your weekend takes you. Happy Friday, everyone!
Get the Look!
1. Mother The Looker Low Rise Skinny Jean $185
2. Club Monaco Sienna Sweater $130
3. Dorothy Perkins Camel Fur Snood $20
4. Blu Bijoux Gold Arrow Ring $14
5. Miz Mooz Miro Bootie $100
6. Vanessa Mooney Mesa Double Wrap Necklace $135
7. Vanessa Mooney Mesa Bracelet $45
8. Romwe Retro Brown Suede Drawstring Tassel Bag $51
9. Shauns Shades Islay Sunglasses $220 - Check out their Give Sight Campaign!
Whether you're heading home for the holidays or taking off on a relaxing winter getaway, resist the just-rolled-out-of-bed sweats and choose comfortable denim separates for an easy chic travel look. Ultra-soft second-skin jeggings are perfect paired with a chambray button-down and printed sweatshirt combo, and an oversized snood and sleek ankle booties provide added airtime warmth. Finish with minimal jewelry, sunglasses and a lightweight wristlet that easily transitions from your carryon to post-flight plans. What are some of your travel necessities?
Get the Look!
1. Frame Denim Le Skinny de Jeanne $180
2. Madewell Chambray Shirt in Cornflower Wash $75
3. Vince Camuto Octogonal Bracelet Watch $250
4. Topshop Two Tone Zigzag Snood $32
5. Sam Edelman Lisle Bootie $112
6. TOMS Kitty Sunglasses in Black Tortoise Fade $139
7. Tibi Lobster Lace Sweatshirt $145
8. Rebecca Minkoff Skinny MAC Wristlet $125
9. Stella and Bow Warhol Ring $35