Forever 21 Dress; DV Dolce Vita Sandals via T.J. Maxx; Gorjana Bag; Ray-Ban Aviators; Sparkling Sage Long Necklace (c/o); Jane Basch Nameplate Necklace (c/o); Michael Kors Watch; Amrita Singh Bangles; Gorjana Rings (c/o)
I'm sure most of us can remember that certain item of clothing from childhood that was an absolute favorite. It was the dress you wanted to wear everyday, the shoes you crammed your feet into after they were too small, or the dance leotard that I may or may not have been allowed to sleep in after a recital. The printed dress in today's post is probably my slightly grown-up version of that favorite piece. Lightweight and oh-so-comfortable, I picked up the summer staple for under $20 a few years ago at Forever 21 and have loved it ever since. Paired with easy nude sandals (a recent find at T.J. Maxx), a bold clutch and stacked bangles, it is a warm weather no-brainer. Classic aviators and a very Carrie Bradshaw-esque nameplate necklace (love this petite version from Jane Basch) add the finishing touches. Because sometimes you just want to throw on an oldie but goodie. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Lately I'm really drawn to the laidback look of boyfriend jeans, and I've been kicking myself for getting rid of a couple great pairs a few seasons back. While I love the easy styling of pairing the relaxed denim with a basic tee and gladiator sandals, distressed boyfriend jeans are equally chic when dressed up with a striped blazer and eye-catching heels. Finish with a bold handbag, mirrored aviators and a few simple pieces of jewelry. How would you style boyfriend jeans for spring?
Get the Look!
1. Hudson Bacara Straight Cuffed Jeans $189
2. Topshop Striped Ponte Blazer $90
3. Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC $195
4. Miista Tara Pump $215
5. MICHAEL Michael Kors Lola Aviator $129
6. Splendid Vintage Whisper Tank $60
7. Baublebar Lapis Quad Ring $22
8. Baublebar Buckle Bangle $28
Add a little tropical pep in your step by incorporating fun island prints into your spring wardrobe. These tropical scalloped shorts are so chic paired with a luxe tee, and the draped back of this one by OAK is summer perfection. Finish the look with easy gladiators, stacked gold jewelry, retro shades and a standout, contract clutch. Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!
Get the Look!
1. OAK Cowl Back Jersey Top $68
2. Topshop Scallop Hem Shorts $64
3. Gorjana Greer V-Neck Necklace $65
4. Gorjana G Ring Set $65
5. Vince Camuto Double Wrap Chain and Leather Watch $150
6. Report Signature Meliza Sandal $78
7. Adia Kibur Link Bracelet $30
8. Spitfire Sunglasses $38
9. Gorjana Perry II Shorebreak Large Clutch $158
10. Gorjana Alphabet Disc Cuff $70
11. Marc by Marc Jacobs Bolts Tiny Bracelet $48
My Style Diaries was started with one thing in mind: your wardrobe. And shoes. And jewelry. Lots of jewelry. OK, so that's three things. And it was only a matter of time before it branched out to cover complete style, including a huge part of your (and my) personal style: beauty. I'm excited to start a new series on the blog to chat about beauty products that I'm currently loving, using, or lusting after, appropriately named Beauty Talk. With summer weighing heavy on the brain, there's no better beauty product binge to start out with than the ever-elusive beach waves. You know you've drooled over the pictures. That model off duty (ahem, Gisele) or beach-loving babe and her lust-worthy, looks-so-easy beach waves. I'm lucky enough to live by the beach, and I love the soft waves I get after a day spent in the salt air. Wanting to recreate the look, I've tried just about every pre-packaged "ocean spray" I can get my hands on, and above are a few favorites that have stood the test of time. (Bonus: They're also perfect for spritzing while you're at the beach.)
Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray is pretty much the holy grail. Perfect for beginners (or my fine hair), a few spritzes go a long way, and the smell is amazing. The Kevin.Murphy version is a bit pricy, but it leaves me with nice, conditioned waves. (A problem with ocean or salt sprays is the dryness that ensues. A little leave-in conditioner or dry oil spray usually helps.) The third, a spray by Wella, is a bit on the lighter side, and I've found that it's pretty easy not to overdo it. I usually spritz one of these when my hair is just about dry, and pulling my hair into a loose pony with a wide elastic (like the Emi-Jay ties above) can help to tame my frizz without leaving deep ponytail lines. If you're looking for an easy way to achieve those model-esque beach waves, I'd definitely recommend these, but I'm interested to know: what's your favorite way to create beach waves?
I've proclaimed my love of the little black dress since the birth of the blog, but it's the little white dress that's been seriously growing on me lately. Although I'm not usually a huge fan of linen (the wrinkles drive me nuts), this little drop-waist number is such an amazingly versatile piece for spring. Whether you dress it up with sky-high platforms like the blush pair above or go casual with low-key gladiators, you really can't go wrong. Finish with a few strategic pieces of gold, retro shades and one seriously adorable clutch. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Get the Look!
1. Mango Linen Cotton Blend Dress $50
2. Kenneth Jay Lane Agate Bead Necklace $88
3. Movado Bold Round Bracelet Watch $650
4. Topshop Lucy Split Wedge Sandals $170
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Retro Sunglasses $120
6. Julie Vos Nile Ring $66
7. Samudra Flamingos Pouch $65
8. Jules Smith Marsha Cuff $85
It's probably no secret by now that I'm a little bit jewelry-obsessed. When it comes to jewels, the motto is "more is more", and gold is definitely my metal of choice, but every once in a while a silver piece or two gets me rethinking my lopsided jewelry ways. I'm pretty obsessed with these muted silver pieces by Boera, and an easy pair of cutoffs paired with a lightweight gauzy white shirt is the perfect backdrop for them. Finish with bohemian sandals, a grab-and-go tote and sleek aviators for a weekend-perfect look. Now, if only it was the weekend...
Get the Look!
1. MiH Jeans Cotton-Muslin Shirt $183
2. Rag & Bone Mila Distressed Denim Short $154
3. Boera Heart Shield Pendant $110
4. Caravelle by Bulova Stainless Steel Watch $100
5. Boera Shild Glam Knuckle Ring $85
6. Ecote Leather Huarache Sandal $39
7. Ray-Ban Original Aviator $155
8. Forever 21 Western Stone Cuff Set $7
9. Mar Y Sol Valencia Tote $110
10. Forever 21 Flying Sparrow Ring $4
Dress: (c/o) Lulu's; Wedges: (c/o) T.J. Maxx; Bag: Henri Bendel; Necklace: (c/o) Julie Vos; Bracelets: Karen London, C. Wonder, Julie Vos; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
I scooped up this printed little shift dress recently from Lulu's, and I'm pretty sure it'll be in high rotation this summer. It's one of those lightweight mini dresses that was just made for a warm sunny day, and I love the bright kaleidoscope print. (It's a bit on the short side, but hey, you're only young once, right?) Neutral wedges, a leopard clutch and stacked jewelry made for a fun Sunday look. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Sweater: (c/o) Old Navy; Jeans: Free People; Wedges: BCBGeneration; Bag: (c/o) Olivia + Joy; Necklace: (c/o) Julie Vos; Cuff: (c/o) Julie Vos; Watch: Michael Kors; Bracelet: (c/o) Lulu's; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
The weather here over the past couple of days has been so beautiful and picture-perfect...when viewed from inside. Take a step outside, and the wind makes a complete mockery of my toddler hair. But it's a warm wind, so I guess I'll take it. I'm loving this summer-weight striped sweater that I picked up recently from Old Navy, and loving even more that it's the perfect partner for a favorite pair of Free People white denim. Add nude wedges, a bold yellow handbag, and some sweet new jewels, and I'm striped and ready for spring. Happy Friday, ya'll!
P.S. - If you're loving these Julie Vos baubles, check out the site and use code "VOS15" for 15% off your purchase.
My spring wardrobe needs this dress. Better yet, it deserves this dress...right? There are oh so many ways to wear this minimal little mini, but right now I'm loving the simple sophistication (and trend du jour coupling) of black and white. (And gold. And maybe a smidge of turquoise.) Pair the menswear-inspired mini with standout black accessories: cage sandals, a chevron clutch and oversized retro shades. Add a bit of metallic flare with a gold pendant, double cuffs and a bold ring. Finish the futuristic look with a sleek pony, and skip the old-school elastic in favor of a grown-up, crystal embellished hair tie. (Like this adorable version from Emi-Jay.) I've got it all planned out. Now, is there any reason I shouldn't own this dress?
Get the Look!
1. Mango Metal Plate Dress $100
2. Gorjana City Pendant Necklace $63 (On sale! Plus, enter code "EXTRASALE30" for an additional 30% off)
3. Emi-Jay Crystal Bead Hair Tie $18 (Won't damage your hair)
4. Jeffrey Campbell Encase Sandal $160
5. Le Specs Halfmoon Magic Sunglasses $59
6. TLC & You Chevron Clutch $69
7. Michael Kors Seaside Luxe Geode Ring $95
8. ASOS Pack of 2 Double Cuffs $25
When it comes to spring dressing, there's just nothing sweeter than this peachy little embroidered number paired with an easy nude sandal. Create a bit of contrast with a denim clutch, and finish the look with nude cat-eyed shades and a few well-stacked bohemian baubles. (How beautiful are these Julie Vos rings? Love.) Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Get the Look!
1. Mango Embroidered Cord Cotton Dress $100
2. Ben-Amun Portofino Pendant Tassel Necklace $138
3. Vince Camuto Curved Crystal Bracelet Watch $150
4. Jeffrey Campbell Favor Sandal $130
5. FE NY Cat's Eye Sunglasses $22
6. Julie Vos Wave Bangles (Set of 3) $44
7. Julie Vos Itty Bitty Stack Ring $55
8. Clare Vivier Denim Foldover Clutch $128
9. Julie Vos Byzantine Ring $155